2010-12-24

Christmas update!

Hello everyone!

23:15, December 23'rd i finally managed to get my engine to draw several images on the screen using different versions of the same paintComponent method. Man, i love how extremely complex serious polymorphism can be! So, the engine is now displaying two images painted by two different methods. I will work a bit more on optimizing the code after Christmas, have to spend some time with my family after all :)

Update news:
Yume version 0.1.3
Added class object reference variables to help the layout class call the proper methods for image drawing and image loading

Improved the image loader methods to not allow the drawing method to run if the images are not fully loaded.

Minor tweaks to the super class as well.

That's the minor Christmas update for you guys!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

I would like to end this little update with a quote. Inspired by the one and only GLaDOS. It kinda describes me when i work on Yume.

Look at me still talking
when there's Coding to do.
When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.
I've got compilers to run.
There is debugging to be done.
On the bugs who are still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment