2010-12-17

More time for my Yume!

Hello everyone!

I got some good news to talk about today. It does involve that E/PoF thing i talked about in my first post here on the blog. First a little background story.

The development group i worked with during the E/PoF courses have somewhat degraded. There's no communication, a lot of conflicts etc so i decided to quit working for that group. I get to do something else we call prövningar here in Sweden, it would be translated to trials in english. Why do i get to do trials? Well i still want my grades in E/PoF, that's why. But, here comes the interesting stuff. I spoke with my E/PoF teacher today about these so called trials and asked her what to do, she answered: you do just like you would while working with a group but you don't sell anything.

Can i do anything i want then? I asked.
Yes. Was the reply.

I started explaining about my idea i had been working on for like, 2½ month now, Project Yume or Yume Engine. I asked her if it was ok to work on the engine while the rest of the class had E/PoF.
Yes. Was the reply, once again.

So basically, what's new?
I get A LOT more time to work on Yume. (Spent 3 hours updating the image array today)
I will have to start documenting Yume (Wich i already do so that won't be a problem)
I will have to write a document about the idea and how i plan to make it reality.
I will have to analyze my "market" even though i am not even gonna sell the engine.

That's basically it. Also, Christmas break is approaching fast, you guys might know what that means. Some dedicated coding and development time!

Some update news:
Yume is currently at version 0.1.1

I spent the afternoon rebuilding the polymorphic image array, actually there are 3 different versions of that polymorphic array now but i only managed to get one of them to work.

I've added some more flexibility to the code, v 0.1 only had one super class that the image loader inherited from, now i added an interface that gets implemented in a super class, thus extending all the implemented methods to it's subclasses. I wouldn't bother with the super class if it were not for the fact that i had some problems declaring non final variables in the interface.

That's the update info for you guys!

Also, last but not least i would like to present an image my father took just after i began working on Yume.

Credits to my old man who's been supporting me in this by dragging me of to London to get programming books and for bringing me to Skövde a year ago, (Different story, i'll tell it some other time).

Merry Christmas guys!

//Kurten

No comments:

Post a Comment